|Configuring Mac OS X |
- Click the Apple icon and select System Preferences.
- Select the icon.
- Select Internal Modem under the Show drop-down menu and click the TCP/IP tab. Make certain that Using PPP is selected under the Configure drop-down menu and that all other fields are blank. Click the PPP tab.
- Enter TOAST.net as the Service Provider.
Enter your Email address for the Account Name and your TOAST.net
password for the Password. Enter the Telephone Number and Password provided to you on the Welcome
Letter. For the Phone number, type your TOAST.net access number. If you need to enable 10 digit dialing or
disable call waiting, enter that information as well.
Click the PPP Options button.
- The only options that should be selected are: Connect automatically..., Disconnect when user logs out, Redial if busy, Send PPP echo packets, and Use TCP header compression. Click OK and click the Proxies tab.
- There should be nothing checked and all boxes should be empty. Click the Modem tab.
- Enable error correction should be checked. All other options are based on your personal preference and/or phone line setup. Click Apply Now to save the settings.
Click here if you wish to set up the built-in Mac OS X Mail program for TOAST.net. All other email programs can be set up here.